Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A man ought to carry himself in the world as an orange tree would if it could walk up and down in the garden, swinging perfume from every little censer it holds up to the air. ~Henry Ward Beecher


This past weekend we pupsitted this adorable sweet cuddly pooch. I've been trying to convince Nick that we really need a dog around the house, so it was nice to see what it would actually be like. The verdict? If we did cave in, it would have to be to one that doesn't make me sneeze. I've grown up with a few different breeds of dogs and never had a problem, but thinking back.. the big dogs that were more prone to shedding were always outside dogs.
In hopes of alleviating my sneezes and runny nose now that the pup's gone, I've washed and vacuumed just about everything. During my cleaning frenzy I remembered this great DIY for natural air fresheners from Terrain's blog

image from shopterrain.com

They're just like the yummy holiday concoction we warm on our stoves to make our homes smell like Christmas, only this time around, grab fresh clean smelling ingredients to create your favorite scent!

I grabbed these colorful citruses while I was at the store,


Sliced them up and threw in a handful of fresh mint..


And let them simmer in a pot of water all afternoon.


I thought it would be nice to freshen up the house in a natural way [I was sneezing enough already!] and this did just that. Next time I'll have to splurge and buy vanilla beans to throw in..

1 comment:

  1. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up and the rest of the site is
    extremely good.

    my web blog bmr calculator to lose weight

    ReplyDelete